The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Few Days.....A Few Picts

We spent the last few days camping at Kalispell. Our first stop was Snappy's Sports Senter. If you haven't been there before you really need to go. It is one of the best kept secrets in Kalispell.

Along with their AMAZING sporting goods store, they have this incredible stocked fish pond in the back. It has a waterfall, a path winding around it, and even a viewing gallery where you can see the fish swimming under water. There are some monstrous fish in there. I'm talking 2-3 feet long!

On normal days you can go back there and put your quarter in a feed machine and feed the fish. They jump great distances out of the water in large groups to eat your treats. The kids are very impressed and absolutely love it. What is even better, is that on Saturdays in the summer, they let kids fish in the pond for free! No fees, no licenses to buy, no bait needed. You don't even have to have a pole, they have them right there for you to use.

Of course, being the serious fisherman we are (ha, ha) Reggie wanted his own pole. It was so fun to watch and be a part of. I saw this four year old kid pull in a fish that was probably 20 pounds or so. Wh We didn't luck out with one of the big guys but it was fun all the same.
Another cool place is that fun center just outside of Hungry Horse. I think I was a race car driver in my previous life. I LOVE go carting. Could do it all day. In addition to go carting, there was a maze, bumper boats, and mini golf. A nice get away from the every day!
 









2 comments:

Christal said...

fun! we are going to kalispell hopefully next week cute pics!

Kaylynn said...

It sounds like a fun trip. I will have to remember those ideas for a future trip to Kalispell.