The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Sunday, July 17, 2011

How Old Would You Be If You Didn't Know How Old You Were?

The passage of time is often marked by birthdays. When I was young they were highly anticipated events. Now that I'm 30 something........not so much.

That being said, it still was a great day thanks to so many kind and important people in my life. It started with breakfast in bed. I really wish I would have taken a picture of the menu choices before it disappeared because it was about a mile long. Cooper took on the role of waiter, while Marin and Reg made the magic in the kitchen. After breakfast they informed me that I was not to come out of my room until I was told. They were going to clean the upstairs for me. Wow. Who are these people!?! Cooper stood guard at the door with a plastic shield and light saber to make sure I kept my promise. When I tried to sneak out he said, "Mom just get back in your room and eat some chocolate or something. All righty then.

At lunch my dear friend Patty came and we went out to eat at Dave's Drive In. MMmmmm onions rings. Then we took the kids to the park. Didn't get any pictures of this. Crap.

Then I mowed my lawn, did some painting, and went down to my parents for supper. He are some of the cool things that were presented to me. I'm so spoiled, I know.

This is my birthday present to myself. Since redoing my living room over a year ago I have been searching for THE PERFECT MIRROR. There has been this big gaping hole over my love seat that has been driving me crazy, but I knew my PERFECT MIRROR would be found some day. And wouldn't you know it, I waltzed into Pier One the day before my birthday and there it was. Love it. We were meant to be together.











Look at this cute pendant from the Vintage Pearl that my friend got me. So cute!





Every serious single mom needs power tools and my dad recognizes that. Thanks Dad!


Hand made gifts are always a hit. Featured here is the lovingly made pearler bead art compliments of Marin. Reggie did not fail to impress and apparently he knows me all to well.

Add in some visits and more thoughtful gifts from friends and family and it all adds up to a really sweet day!

1 comment:

Mont and Dawna said...

Sounds like a Great Day, Coralee. I am glad it was...you deserve that and more. I love the mirror and I really really love the Temple picture in the reflection...that is beautiful. I want to find it now..I love the colors. Also loving the vinyl lettered quote tile. That's perfect. I'm so glad you had such a great day surrounded by so many people who love and adore you!