The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

School's Out Euphoria

There is just something really magical about the day you get out of school for the summer. I'm sure you remember that feeling from yesteryear.





One of the beauties of being a teacher is that I get to experience that stunning euphoria EVERY YEAR!

Today was a special treat because I got out at noon and my mother-in-law had taken the kids to the cabin for the day. So it was just me and that beautiful feeling.

I came home, ate junk, cleaned the trailer, trimmed my trees, when to the dump, did a little weeding, and then made my TO DO SUMMER LIST. Here is what is on the list:

1. Camping, camping, and more camping
2. Sports Camps for Mar and Reg. Reggies is signed up for a VB camp this year which I am totally stoked about. Wish I could sign up too.....
3. Finish the trim in my house
4. Clean the dreaded shed.
5. WICKED !!!!
6.Stain the deck and play house.
7. Read a TON of good books. (I need some recommendations)
8. Hiking----I want to do way more than I did last year.
9. Keep on top of my garden.
10. De-clutter a few closets.
11. SLEEP IN AS MUCH AS I CAN!!

That is what I have come up with so far. If you read my previous post about life efficiency I better prioritize these if I want to get them all done.

Summer, please go slowly and warmly.

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Sounds like a fun list. I do know the last day of school feeling. Luckily I think there is a first day of school feeling, too, but we definitely can't think about that right now. I hope the weather is awesome this summer so you can hike, camp and play everyday. Put the shed at the bottom of the priority list:)

Barb said...

I love the list I might have to steal it.