I have been pondering today on how much I am going to miss my grade 9's when they leave me in a couple of weeks. We are driving each other crazy right now and are both so ready for summer, but I'm still so attached to them. Teaching is great and I love it! Can't wait to have Reg in my school next year. I have been waiting my whole life for this!
Here is something for all my teacher friends out there compliments of Jeff Foxworthy.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TEACHER WHEN.............................
1. You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
2. You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
3. You have 25 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
4. You can eat a multi-course meal in under 15 minutes.
5. You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day:before school and after school.
6. You want to slap the next person who says "Must be nice to work 8 to 3 and have summers off."
7. You believe chocolate is a food group.
8. You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
9. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
10. You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
11. You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
12. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
13. You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own needs.
14. You can't pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five items!
15. You ask your friends if the left hand turn he just made was a "good choice or a bad choice."
16. You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
17. You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer.
18. You understand instantaneously why a child behaves a certain way after meeting his or her parents.
19. You think people should be required to get a government permit before being allowed to reproduce.
20. You wonder how some parents ever figured out how to reproduce.
21. The sound of the photocopier haunts you in your sleep.