The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Memorial Award


Presented the annual award today, this year with the help of Reggie. It was hard to do, but good. This year the award went to Dawson Bevans, who is the son of Dusty Berzay. Nominees were  Lotus Jensen, Grant Comin, Jill Nunn, and Tate Sommerfeldt. Description below:

Cam Williams Memorial Award


Mr. Cam Williams was privileged to teach grade six at the Cardston Elementary School from 1999-2007.  He is fondly remembered by students and staff as a fun, energetic teacher, who cared deeply about his students and colleagues.  The Cam Williams Memorial Award is an annual award, which recognizes a chosen grade six student.  This student exemplifies qualities that make for a positive school environment as well as a student who stands for good among his/her peers. Just as Mr. Williams brought character, respect, and integrity to his classes, the chosen student demonstrates similar qualities, as well as exhibits determination and effort in academics, shows kindness and respect to all peers regardless of race, social standing, or intellect, and quietly goes about making life easier for others.  In recognition of this student’s achievement and strong character they will receive a plaque and a cash prize of $200.
From left to right:
Reg, Lotus Jensen, Grant Comin, Jill Nunn, Tate Sommerfelt, Dawson, Yours Truly ;)

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Jill forgot to hold up her award. Does this bring back lots of memories? I am sure it is good and hard to do this. You are amazing.

Barb said...

Oh Coralee, this made me cry, I had no idea about this award, how wonderful, and how hard. I love you.