The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beautiful Day!

Wowed by this band:


In LOVE with this voice



After many years of waiting, a bucket list item has been checked off. Cam and I made a pact that if U2 came any where near Alberta we would go. I guess I checked it off for both of us, with Zela standing in as proxy. I think she loved it just has much as Cam would have. If I said this concert was incredible, I would not be doing it a shred of justice. Two days off work, 12 hours of driving, waiting in LRT lines for 3 hours, deprived sleep, and waiting in line for an hour for a T-shirt were worth it! Experience of a life time. Did I mention there were over 60, 000 people in the Common Wealth Stadium! Crazy! Here are a few crappy picts and a video.








The stage and visual display were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Seriously, absolutely mind blowing. Bono, well, I think you already know how I feel about him.  So lucky to experience this with a good friend. Also, thanks to mom, dad, and Al for watching the 
kids for us while we partying it up. Fun, fun, fun!


In other news this week we had a piano recital and a track meet. Marin is in her 2nd year of piano and doing great. Both Marin and Reggie kicked in many of their track events. Marin got 1st in long jump, triple jump, and relay, while Reg got 1st in long jump, triple jump, 800m, relay, 3rd in 100m, and 4th in shot put. Good work kids!








3 comments:

marisajbaines said...

cor, you started a blog! i am so excited.... im so happy that you got to see bono....he is amazing! i am also impressed to hear that reg has iron man arms and got 4th in shot put..... impressive....marin...good work too!

Barb said...

mmmmm U2, concert, I am so excited that you got to go you totally deserve it. It looks like the kids are taking after you in Track. You were always the best!

Kaylynn said...

I am so glad you loved the concert and that it was worth it. Your kids are track rock stars. I was thinking about having you help my kids this week with some track jumps.