The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Small Victory

Never thought a small piece of paper could make me so happy. After six months of pure frustration with the Town of Cardston, I finally have my development permit! I didn't really think I would get it going into the office yesterday, but I asked if I had finally met all their ridiculous requirements and he said yes. I was stunned. I was so used to having to go and do one more thing.

Tentatively, I asked if I could get the permit today. He said yes, I could, but it would take a half an hour of paperwork, and was I sure I really wanted to get it now, and why are you in such a rush, and you know you only have 90 days to begin development, and there is a good chance the weather will be bad, and all kinds of other garbage to talk me out of it. I firmly say YES.  He rolled his eyes and sighed, but began the paper work.

Let's such say it was a long and uncomfortable 25 minutes where no words were uttered. Let's just say that after everything that has gone on in the last few months my relationship with this person is a little strained. It ended with me handing over my debit card and him signing the permit. I snatched it and dashed out of there before he had a chance to change his mind.

One of the perks of this small victory is that I will never (I think) have to deal with this guy again. He also told me that I probably wouldn't get my house done in a year. What I have to say to that is WATCH ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Cor!!! This will be an adventure for sure.

Kaylynn said...

Hope it's not your hometeacher or a parent of your student:) You will have it done in a year - I believe in you!