The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Yeah, My Dad's Awesome Like That

Two of my favorite guys
I know maybe I have sung my dad's praises before, but I just can't stop from doing it again. My dad and I have always been tight, but lately we have been best buds. This house thing might have something to do with that. I mean, who else could enjoy talking nonstop with me about the price of drywall, lumber package quotes, and traditional heating vs geothermal?

The kids are getting a little perturbed because every time we get together we get into hours long conversations about the above mentioned topics. Obviously, the world doesn't know how freaking awesome he is or he would hold special status, or at least have a holiday named after him. Remember how when you were little you thought your dad knew about everything and could do practically anything? Well, I'm 36 and I still believe that because it is true. You just won't find a person as kind, selfless, hardworking, and humble as my dad. Here is a recount of his awesomeness this week:

*Helped Coop build his cub car.
*Came over several times to talk house.
*Took off work early to Lethbridge with me to meet with the geothermal guy and price out lumber packages.
*Made the most delicious chicken noodle soup and let us have some.
*Worked with me to take out fencing on the building site.

Love my dad!!!!!

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Dads are great. I am glad that he likes to talk "house" and the he can help build cub cars. Cooking soup is an added bonus.

Barb said...

Coralee, I am in full agreement with you. Your Dad does deserve his own holiday. I am actually get pretty teary thinking about him. He is someone I have watched for a long time. I have never seen Him angry, criticize, or talk bad about anyone or anything. He is an image of humbleness and meekness but not in a weak way. I love his quiet smile that emanates love and acceptance. Yes I am a big fan of your father please tell Him so!