The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday Buddies

I want to make a short post dedicated to a couple of close friends that have had birthdays in the last week or so.

Yes, I stole this from your blog ; )
The first time I met Jenna was across a conference table during a job interview. She was interviewing for a position at our school. Of course she impressed the heck out of everyone on the panel, including me. Little did I know that person would become a life long friend. She is super smart, witty, an outside the box thinker, and uber-talented. We have listened, laughed and cried and I hope to continue that for many, many more years. Love you Jenna!




My other birthday friend is Zela. To know Zela is to love her. She is just so stinkin' likable. My favorite thing about her is her laugh. She is super mom and super wife. Her kindness, sense of humor, passion for  travel, and commitment to her beliefs make her a pleasure to know. She has been such a support and amazing sounding board for me. You are the best Z!

Happy birthday to two of my favorite ladies!