The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

All I Want for Christmas Is.......

Today some of my students asked me what I wanted for Christmas. It kind of took me aback. I don't really think about that kind of stuff too often. Of course the kid's lists have been on my mind, but I took a minute to think about what I really do want for Christmas. Here's the list:

I really want.............

Kids who are kind to each other.

Kids who clean up their messes.

Someone to tell me what to do about a tough career decision that I have to make in a few weeks.

Some time for me.

Health and happiness for my kids.

For one of my good friends to have a baby.

For my "big plan" to move ahead smoothly.

For my grade seven classes to suddenly jump 10 notches on the maturity scale.

For my good friend who is facing her first holiday season alone to have gentle Christmas.

To go somewhere warm soon.

And chocolate of course!

Tell me what's on your list.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Totally the same kids things, get along, love each, and clean up after themselves. But I think I would really like more peace not like world peace but just that inner peace that just comes from living right and knowing everything is going to work out.

Kaylynn said...

Jill says she is sorry on behalf of the grade 7 class. I do agree that I really don't spend that much time thinking about what I want. I am excited to have my table full of chocolates, but I do wish that they will not have any calories.