The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Today in the mail I received the December issue of the Ensign. In it was a little activity meant for youth, but nevertheless it caught my eye. The activity asked you to list 100 things you are grateful for, broken down into categories. I decided to do it and share.


10 physical abilities you are grateful for:

1. To be able to play sports        2. To have working fingers that can play the piano
3. Sight                                                  
4. To have a voice that can sing.
5. Smell                                                
6. To have a digestive system that allows me to eat whatever.
7. Hearing                                            
8. To have a brain that is not seriously disabled ; )  
9. To be able to give birth to my kids
 10. To have a body that is disease free.


10 material possessions you are grateful for:

1. Books                                                  6. Photo Albums
2. Piano                                                   7. Mascara
3. Comfortable Bed                                 8. Camping trailer
4. Car/Truck                                            9. Computer
5. Wedding ring                                      10. Temple Picture

10 living people you are grateful for:

1. Reggie                                                 6. Sister
2. Marin                                                   7. All my in laws
3. Cooper                                                 8. President Monson
4. Mom                                                    9. Mom in law
5. Dad                                                    10. Many other wonderful friends (Its hard to list)

10 deceased people you are grateful for:

1. Cam                                                    6. President Hinkley
2. Grandma Sheen                                  7. Father in law
3. Grandpa Johnson                                8. Grandpa Sheen
4. Grandma Johnson                               9. Our many friends we met during our hospt. time
5. Joseph Smith                                      10. Uncle Gordon


10 things about nature you are grateful for:

1. Sunsets                                                6. The ocean
2. Sunrises                                              7. Sandy beaches
3. Mountains                                           8. Whales
4. Flowers                                               9. Blue sky
5. Summer days                                      10. Wheat fields


10 things today you are grateful for:

1. Good exercise partners                       6. The awesome people at my job
2. Beautiful frost on the trees                  7. Hired help
3. Four wheel drive                                8.  A warm house
4. Kids who make me laugh                   9. Rice Krispie Squares
5. My job                                               10. A daughter who really enjoys piano lessons.


10 places on earth you are grateful for:

1. The temple                                         6. My parent's house
2. My home                                           7. Waterton
3. The cabin                                           8. Church
4. Kalispell                                             9. Hiking trails
5. Logan's Pass                                     10. Warm places to visit

10 modern inventions you are grateful for:

1. Dishwasher                                        6. Defibrillators
2. Washing Machine                              7. Modern medicines
3. Dryer                                                  8. Software that organizes your grades
4. Internet                                               9. Movies
5. Cell phone                                        10. E-books


10 foods you are grateful for:

1. Chocolate                                           6. Pasta
2. Bread                                                 7. Chicken
3. Mangoes                                            8. Peas out of the shell from the garden
4. Nectarines                                          9. Ice cream
5. Strawberries                                      10. Cheerios


10 things about the gospel you are grateful for:

1. Jesus Christ's Atonement                    6. Callings that make you stretch
2. The sacrament                                    7. Patriarchal Blessings
3. Temple covenants                              8. The priesthood
4. Eternal Families                                 9. Modern day prophet and apostles
5. The Holy Ghost                                10. The scriptures


Wow! It wasn't too hard to come up with that stuff and it is really only the tip of the iceberg. I dare you to do the same!


5 comments:

Mont and Dawna said...

I love your lists of gratitude. :)
I'm definitely doing this sometime...what a great post.

Barb said...

Totally taking the dare. There are some things in here that made me cry, laugh and smile. I sure love you Coralee.

Mary Lou said...

Love your list. Will have to take this dare on!

Kaylynn said...

I haven't checked my mail yet this week. I love the categories. It makes 100 things easy to think of.

Christal said...

Love this list! What a way to do it break it down makes you think doesn't it! you are amazing!