The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Thursday, October 6, 2011

6 Hard Things- 6 Good Things

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first? Everyone takes the bad news first right?

Hard Things

1. Had to spend almost four days away from my kids. (They cried)

2. I can't hardly keep up to all my commitments and responsibilities of school and home and feel like I'm a
    failure at both most of the time.

3. It's raining. Cloudy weather and I don't really like each other.

4. I want to help and be there for my friends more, but I don't have the time I need to do that.

5. My daughter still cries most nights for her dad  : (

6. Realized again that cancer is no respecter of persons. It doesn't matter how famous or rich you are.


Good Things

1. One of my best friends adopted a baby in the last two weeks and he is the sweetest thing ever.

2. Got to spend a bit of time with a nephew who I don't see very much, but love. He is feels more like a little brother.

3. It is the long weekend.

4. I don't have to prep and teach gospel doctrine class this week.

5. Reggie did awesome in his zone cross country meet.

6. I have something in the works that I thought would never be able to happen in my situation. Can't
    reveal too much about that now, but I'm pretty excited about it. Maybe I'll tell after Christmas.  
    Maybe.


P.S. I am getting some hits from really interesting places around the world. Who are you people? I really want to know. If you read my blog regularly, get some guts and be one of my followers so I can find out who you are. I'll follow you if you follow me...................


5 comments:

Melody Baxter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody Baxter said...

ok I am a follower - but you probably already knew that . Sorry I am not from somewhere way more exotic, but I love your blog and you and your family as a matter of fact.

Barb said...

Dido to Melody I would follow all over the world, and I think you are a ROCK STAR!!

Kaylynn said...

I am a follower, but I am not too far away. I love reading your blog and getting a new perspective on life.

Christal said...

you know I read:)