The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy Week!!!!



I keep thinking, surely my life will slow down soon, but it just never happens. Using a swimming metaphor, I would be the kid that is about two inches too short for the shallow end and standing on my tip  toes with just my mouth surfacing the water. I definitely need some water wings or something. For now I am a great actress.



Monday- Usual psycho day at school.
                Coach volleyball after school.
                Supper, homework, school prep and family home evening.
                Hurricane in my house-----ignored.

Tuesday-  Doctor appointments all day for Coop
                 Coach Volleyball
                 Champs basketball
                 Supper, homework
                 Marking
                 House----still ignoring.

Wednesday- Pick up the damage the sub left at school.
                     Achievement Days
                     Piano Lessons
                     Supper, homework
                     Laundry
                     Scouts
                     Mow lawn
                     Work on the hurricane

Thursday-  Marking begins to reproduce on my desk
                   Investigate and nail perpetrators of pranks pulled in the boys locker room, by members of               my 7 boys volleyball team. Little turds!!!!
                   Volleyball Tournament in Magrath until 7:30pm
                   Supper, Homework
                   Prepare Presentation for PD Day

Friday-       PD Presentation
                  Laundry
                  Pick up house
                  Babysit niece
                  Work on Gospel Doctrine Lesson

Saturday-  Donate Blood with Mindy and Graham
                  Corn Maze- This was a blast!!!
                  Shop for presents for Reg and a nephew
                 Finish gospel doctrine lesson
                 House pick up
                 Get church clothes ready
                 Help Cooper get his church talk ready

Sunday-    Teach Gospel Doctrine Class while Marin helps Cooper with his talk (same time slot)
                  Dinner
                  Much needed nap
                  Home teachers
                  Family birthday party
 

Reg, Graham, Mindy, Mar, Coop, Yours truly
They had a fun petting zoo as well!



Start all over again! I'm sure when I'm sittin' in the old folks home I will be thinking that these were the good old days.
                

2 comments:

Christal said...

You amazes me every post seriously you have always been a go getter and you get it done!! Looks like at least saturday was fun:) You are amazing!!!

Kaylynn said...

That is a busy week, but I am sure this week's schedule isn't too much different. The corn maze does look fun!