The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cooper/Mommy Date

We had big plans to make our date and mini vacation away from school a smashing good time, but most of it was burned up in doctor's offices and waiting rooms. You know my love for hospitals ---------ugghh. I swear I could write the handbook on waiting rooms, parking lots, hospital navigation, and how to handle health care personnel.
Cooper had follow up appointments to make sure everything was cool with his noggin after that scary seizure in August. The pediatrician stuff took most of the morning. Next, a break for lunch and a quick trip to Toys R Us to purchase the latest coveted Star Wars Lego set that he has been saving for. Then, the afternoon was mostly gone with the EEG test (electroencephalogram). This test consisted up having a ton of goop on his face and hair and connecting dozen of wires to read the electrical activity of his brain. They wiped the goop off his face, but made him leave the hospital with it still in his hair. We got some pretty funny looks.
 
I had to dash home for volleyball practice afterwards so that ended the day. I think we'd better do it again and make it a lot more fun next time. However, we did get to sing as loud as we wanted in in the car to all the songs on the radio without Reggie there to have a freak ; )

1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

Did they find anything? Is Cooper okay? A new Star Wars toy is always worth the trip.