The title of this blog is a favorite quote from Gretchen Rueben's book, The Happiness Project. I admit, I do catch myself wishing away some days, some seasons of life, hoping for better things. The years pass quickly and when I look back I realize those WERE the better things. In an effort to capture those better things I begin this blog. The details of my life are many things: mundane, quirky, sad, joyful, and hopefully, at times, entertaining. About three years ago my life was pretty much an open book when I blogged about our family's struggle with leukemia. When that was over I closed the book. I now open it again----well, at least a few chapters

Thursday, April 21, 2011

California Here We Come!!!!

To end this NEVER ENDING winter, some drastic action was necessary. I figured heading 20 hours south would do the trick. Can't wait to spend time with my family and restore my vitamin D levels. Legoland and Sea World are on the top of the kid's lists. Reading on the beach is on the top of mine. Hopefully we all get what we want. I hope to take a lot of fun pictures to capture the warmth when I return home to the frozen wasteland. If I can figure out how, I will post some picture updates of our trip. If I can't, I guess you will have to wait 'til we get back. 

HAPPY EASTER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor,
First of all, I love this idea of a new blog! Its such a great way to keep in touch and keep relationships fresh. Secondly, I am so excited for you and the kids to go and get into some adventure far far away. Also quite jealous. So please, blog the details so we all can live vicariously through you! Happy travels!!
-Sara

Christal said...

yeah I'm excited that you started one! its fun and I hope your trip is fun too!!

Mont and Dawna said...

Have a Blast in Cali, Coralee and Fam!! I love love love California. WIsh it was me going, but glad you are and I hope you and the kiddies get in everything you each want to do, and more!!
I'm with you---on the whole "Beach and a Good Book" idea of a vacay. I actually day dream about that sometimes...enjoy living my daydream :)